The world of 3 letter words starting with R is as interesting as it is diverse. From the mundane to the obscure, these seemingly simple words hold great meaning and value in our everyday language. In this blog post, we’ll take a deep dive into the fascinating world of three-letter words starting with R, discover their meanings, and shine a light on some of the lesser-known gems of this alphabetized universe.
Also read: 3 Letter Words Starting With Q
3 Letter Words Starting With R With Their Meanings
1. Rab: a rodent, similar to a hare or rabbit.
2. Rad: slang term meaning excellent or cool.
3. Rag: a piece of cloth used for cleaning.
4. Raj: a ruler or king in India.
5. Ram: a male sheep.
6. Ran: past tense of the run.
7. Rap: a style of music characterized by rhyming lyrics spoken rhythmically over an instrumental beat.
8. Ras: a small carnivorous mammal, similar to a ferret.
9. Rat: a rodent known for its long, pointed tail.
10. Raw: not cooked or processed.
11. Ray: a narrow beam of light or radiation.
12. Reb: short for the rebate, a refund of part of a purchase price.
13. Rec: short for recreation, leisure activities for enjoyment.
14. Red: the color of blood or fire.
15. Ree: a musical note, a deer, or other antlered animals.
16. Ref: short for the referee, an official who oversees a sports match or contest.
17. Reg: short for the regiment, a military unit.
18. Rei: a Japanese word meaning universal spirit or divine energy.
19. Rem: short for the reminder, a prompt, or memory aid.
20. Ren: a unit of the Chinese currency.
21. Rep: short for representative, a person who acts on behalf of another.
22. Res: short for reservation, a booking, or hold on a place or item.
23. Ret: short for retire, to leave one’s job or position permanently.
24. Rev: short for the reverend, a title for a member of the clergy.
25. Rex: a male ruler or king.
26. Ria: a long, narrow inlet of the sea between steep cliffs.
27. Rib: a bone in the chest of humans or animals.
28. Rid: to remove or get rid of something.
29. Rif: short for rifle, a firearm with a long barrel.
30. Rig: to set up or arrange something.
31. Rim: the outer edge of a circular object.
32. Rin: short for rinsing, the act of washing or cleaning with water.
33. Rip: to tear or cut something forcefully.
34. Riz: short for rice, a cereal grain.
35. Rob: to take something by force or threat.
36. Roc: a mythical bird of prey.
37. Rod: a long, thin stick or pole.
38. Roe: fish eggs.
39. Roo: a kangaroo.
40. Rot: decay or decomposition.
41. Row: a line or sequence of objects.
42. Rub: to apply pressure and friction to something.
43. Rue: to regret or feel remorse.
44. Rug: a floor covering made of woven material.
45. Rum: an alcoholic beverage made from sugarcane.
46. Run: to move quickly on foot.
47. Rut: a groove or track made by a wheel or animal.
Image made in Canva