Welcome to a fascinating world of 3 letter words starting with T and their meanings! You might not realize it, but the English language is filled with an endless array of words that only have three letters. These tiny words are often overlooked, but they can carry a lot of weight in a sentence. In this blog, we will explore some of the most interesting and useful three-letter words starting with T and what they mean. Whether you’re an avid crossword solver, a student looking to expand your vocabulary, or just curious about language, this blog is for you! Let’s dive into the world of three-letter words and discover their hidden meanings together.
Also read: 3 Letter Words Starting With S
3 Letter Words Starting With T With Their Meanings
1. tab – a small flap or strip of material attached to something for holding, grasping, or pulling.
2. tad – a small amount or degree of something.
3. tag – a label or piece of paper attached to something to identify it.
4. tam – a Scottish cap made of wool or similar material.
5. tan – a yellowish-brown color.
6. tao – the way or path followed in life.
7. tap – a device used for controlling the flow of liquid.
8. tar – a thick, dark, sticky substance used for road surfacing and roofing.
9. tat – a type of needlework in which patterns are created by a series of knots.
10. tau – the 19th letter of the Greek alphabet.
11. tax – a compulsory contribution to state revenue.
12. tea – a hot drink made by infusing dried leaves of the tea plant in boiling water.
13. tee – a small peg with a concave top used to support a golf ball before it is hit.
14. ten – the number equivalent to the product of two and five.
15. tet – a four-sided figure, especially a regular one.
16. the – used to point forward to a following qualifying or defining clause or phrase.
17. tho – though; however.
18. thy – of or relating to the person or people addressed as the object of a verb or preposition.
19. tic – a sudden, involuntary muscle contraction or twitch.
20. tie – a strip of material used for fastening or attaching something.
21. til – a variety of sesame with small seeds.
22. tin – a silvery-white metallic element used to coat iron and steel to prevent rusting.
23. tip – the pointed or rounded end of something.
24. tit – a small songbird with typically colorful plumage.
25. toa – a tree or shrub native to the Pacific islands.
26. tod – a fox.
27. toe – one of the digits of the foot.
28. tog – a coat, jacket, or other item of clothing.
29. tom – a male cat.
30. ton – a unit of weight equal to 2,000 pounds.
31. too – to an excessive extent or degree.
32. top – the highest point or part of something.
33. tor – a hill or rocky peak.
34. tot – a small child.
35. tow – the act of pulling a vehicle or boat with a rope or chain.
36. toy – an object for a child to play with.
37. try – make an attempt or effort to do something.
38. tub – a large container for holding water or other liquids.
39. tug – pull hard at something.
40. tun – a large cask used for storing wine or beer.
41. tup – a male sheep.
42. tut – used to express disapproval or annoyance.
43. tux – a man’s formal evening suit.
44. two – the number equivalent to the sum of one and one.
Image made in Canva