Welcome to a world of mystery and intrigue where nature is the ultimate puzzle solver! If you love spending time in the great outdoors and have a curious mind, then you’re in for a treat. In this blog, we’ll explore some of the most fascinating and challenging nature riddles that will test your knowledge and observation skills. From puzzling plant species to elusive animal behavior, these riddles will leave you scratching your head and searching for answers. So, get ready to embark on an exciting journey into the wilderness and uncover the secrets of the natural world through these nature riddles with answers.
Also read: Ocean Riddles With Answers
Nature Riddles With Answers
1. A house with two occupants, sometimes one, rarely three. Break the walls, eat the borders, then throw me away. What am I? Answer: Peanut
2. A whole dale filled, but nod even one full hand? Answer: Forest
3. At night I come without being fetched. By day I lost, without being stolen. What am I? Answer: A star.
4. Because I can’t move fast. Getting places takes some time; You can tell where I’ve been. As I leave a trail of slime What am I? Answer: Snail
5. Can run but never walks, Has a mouth and never talks, Has a head but never weeps, Has a bed but never sleeps. Answer: River
6. How did the big mountain know that the little mountain was fibbing? Answer: Because it was only a bluff.
7. I am a seed with three letters in my name. Take away the last two and I still sound the same. What am I? Answer: Pea
8. I am always hungry, I must always be fed. The finger I touch, Will soon turn red. What am I? Answer: Fire
9. I am full of holes but still holds water. What am I? Answer: Sponge
10. I am light as a feather, yet the strongest man cannot hold me for much more than a minute. What am I? Answer: Breath
11. I am not alive, but I grow; I don’t have lungs, but I need air; I don’t have a mouth, but I need water to live. What am I? Answer: Fire
12. I am taken from a mine and shut up in a wooden case, from which I am never released, and yet I am used by almost every person. What am I? Answer: Pencil Lead
13. I am tall when I am young and short when I am old. What am I? Answer: Candle
14. I can be chopped but I’m not a carrot. I have rings but I’m not an onion. I can be climbed but. I’m not a mountain. I’m made of wood but I’m not a table. I have a trunk but I’m not a car. What am I? Answer: Tree
15. I catch flies but I’m not a spider. I’m green but I’m not a leaf. I have a long tongue but I’m not a giraffe What am I? Answer: Frog
16. I eat flies but I’m not a frog. I have a web but I don’t have anything to do with the internet. What am I? Answer: Spider
17. I help create a hill but I’m not a mole. I can carry heavy loads, but I’m not a dump truck. I can be red but I’m not a ladybug What am I? Answer: Ant
18. I pass before the sun, yet make no shadow. What am I? Answer: Wind
19. I touch your face, I’m in your words, I’m lack of space and beloved by birds. Answer: Air
20. It can run but never walks, Has a mouth and never talks, Has a head but never weeps, Has a bed but never sleeps. What am I? Answer: River
21. It cannot be seen, cannot be felt, Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt. It lies behind stars and under hills, And empty holes it fills. It comes first and follows after, Ends life, kills laughter. Answer: Darkness
22. It is white and blue. It is cold. You see it on the skating-rink. You can skate on it. What is it? Answer: Ice
23. The branch of mountain ash was spanned through the ground. Answer: A rainbow
24. The flower is yellow-golden, Like a chick, fluffy. Immediately wither from the cold Our sissy… Answer: Mimosa
25. The more you take, the more you leave behind. What am I? Answer: Footsteps
26. This is a type of plant Which sounds like something in the sky. It is very yellow And can grow to be ten feet high. Answer: Sunflower
27. This thing is usually green But it’s not a plate of peas. On the flag of Canada, There’s one of these. What am I? Answer: Maple Leaf
28. Two brothers look into the water, but cannot meet each other! Answer: The banks of а river
29. What advice can you give a fish so he can avoid being caught? Answer: Don’t fall for any old line.
30. What breaks but never falls? Answer: Dawn
31. What can you see with your eyes shut? Answer: А dream
32. What did the baby porcupine say to the cactus? Answer: “Are you my mother?”
33. What falls but never breaks? What am I? Answer: Night
34. What flowers are kissable? Answer: Tulips
35. What gets larger as more of it is taken away? Answer: A hole
36. What grows when it eats, but dies when it drinks? Answer: Fire
37. What has roots as nobody sees, Is taller than trees, Up, up it goes, And yet never grows? Answer: Mountain
38. What is a hot and noisy duck? Answer: A firequacker.
39. What is it that everyone can divide, but no one can see where it is divided? Answer: Water
40. What man cannot live inside the house? Answer: A snowman
41. What tree grieves more than any other? Answer: Weeping Willow Tree
42. When I eat, I live; but when I drink, I die. What am I? Answer: Fire
43. Which animals can jump higher than a tree? Answer: All of them. Trees can’t jump!
44. Who changes clothes four times within one year? Answer: The ground
Image by Игорь Левченко from Pixabay