When we talk about legendary defenders in football, the name Sergio Ramos immediately comes to mind. The Spanish center-back has been an indispensable part of Real Madrid’s defense for 16 years and has played an integral role in their numerous title wins. But what makes Ramos stand out is not just his leadership skills and tough tackling, but also his ability to score crucial goals in high-pressure situations. In this blog post, we will take a look at some of the incredible list of records set by Sergio Ramos, cementing his status as one of the greatest defenders of all time.
List of Sergio Ramos Records
- He is the most-capped player in the history of the Spanish national team with 180 appearances.
- Ramos has won five La Liga titles, four Champions League titles, two Copa del Rey titles, four FIFA Club World Cup titles, three UEFA Super Cups, and two Supercopa de España titles with Real Madrid.
- He has scored a total of 101 goals for Real Madrid in all competitions, making him the club’s highest-scoring defender of all time.
- Ramos has scored a total of 23 goals for the Spanish national team, making him the country’s second-highest-scoring defender of all time.
- He has scored 22 penalty kicks in a row for Real Madrid, breaking the previous record of 17 consecutive successful penalties held by former teammate Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Ramos has played in 21 El Clásico matches, which is tied with Francisco Gento and Raúl as the most appearances by a Real Madrid player in the fixture.
- He has been named in the UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season a record 8 times.
- Ramos was named the Best Defender in the UEFA Champions League for three consecutive seasons from 2015 to 2017.
- He was named in the FIFPro World XI a record 11 times.
- Ramos was named the La Liga Best Defender on five occasions.
Image source: Getty Images