If you enjoyed watching the first season of Rocket Boys, the biographical drama series that chronicles the lives and achievements of India’s pioneering scientists Homi J Bhabha and Vikram Sarabhai, you will be delighted to know that the second season is now streaming on Sony LIV. Rocket Boys 2 picks up from where the first season left off and takes us on a thrilling journey through some of the most pivotal moments in India’s space and nuclear history.
Rocket Boys Story
Rocket Boys 2 is not just a continuation of the story, but also an improvement in terms of storytelling, pacing, and performance. The series manages to balance the personal and professional aspects of its protagonists, as well as their interactions with other characters who play significant roles in their missions. The series also does not shy away from showing the challenges, conflicts, and controversies that surrounded their ambitious endeavors.
The series is defined by Jim Sarbh and Ishwak Singh’s effortless screen presence as Bhabha and Sarabhai respectively. They bring out the nuances of their characters with conviction and charisma. They are ably supported by Saba Azad as Pipsy Irani, Bhabha’s secretary, and confidante; Regina Cassandra as Mrinalini Sarabhai, Vikram’s wife, and a renowned dancer; Arjun Radhakrishnan as Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, a young scientist who joins Sarabhai’s team; Dibyendu Bhattacharya as Mehndi Raza, Bhabha’s former rival turned ally; Namit Das as John Smithson, a CIA agent who infiltrates Bhabha’s circle; and many others.
What is Rocket Boys 2 about?
The series covers some of the most remarkable events in India’s scientific history such as:
- The launch of the Rohini-75 rocket from Thumba Equatorial Rocket Launching Station (TERLS) in Kerala
- The establishment of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) under Sarabhai’s leadership
- The development of the Aryabhata satellite project paved way for India’s entry into television broadcasting
- The detonation of the Pokhran-I nuclear test made India a nuclear power
- The mysterious death of Bhabha in an air crash sparked conspiracy theories
The series also explores some of the lesser-known aspects of these events such as:
- The role of women scientists such as Pramila Chandra Sekharan Nair who worked on the Aryabhata project
- The collaboration between Indian scientists and international agencies such as NASA and CERN
- The political pressures and public opinions that influenced their decisions
- The personal struggles and sacrifices they faced while pursuing their dreams
Rocket Boys 2 is a tribute to the visionaries who shaped India’s destiny with their courage, creativity, and curiosity. It is also a reminder of how far we have come as a nation thanks to their efforts. It is an inspiring watch for anyone who loves science, history, or drama.
You can watch Rocket Boys 2 on Sony LIV now.
Rocket Boys 2 Cast
The cast of Rocket Boys 2 also includes:
- Regina Cassandra as Mrinalini Sarabhai
- Dibyendu Bhattacharya as Raza Mehdi
- Saba Azad as Parvana Irani
- Namit Das as Prosenjit Dey
- Rajit Kapoor as Jawaharlal Nehru
- Neha Chauhan as Kamla Chaudhary
- K.C. Shankar as Vishwesh Mathur
- Rajiv Kachroo as JRD Tata
- Darius Shroff as Jehangir Bhabha
- Ashmita Meghrajani as Mridula Sarabhai
- Mark Bennington as Robert Crowley
- Arjun Radhakrishnan as A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
- Charu Shankar as Indira Gandhi
Rocket Boys 2 Episodes
The episodes of Rocket Boys 2 are:
- Episode 1: War and Peace
- Episode 2: It’s Like Gravity
- Episode 3: The Greater Good
- Episode 4: A Tryst with Destiny
- Episode 5: The Outsider
- Episode 6: A Democratic Process
- Episode 7: We are at War
- Episode 8: A New Dawn
Each episode is about 50 minutes long and depicts the events leading up to India’s first nuclear test in 1974.
Rocket Boys 2 release date
Rocket Boys 2 is a web series that premiered on SonyLIV on March 16, 2023. The release date of Rocket Boys 2 was announced on February 12, 2023, through a teaser video. The first look for the second season was unveiled on August 15, 2022, on the occasion of India’s 75th Independence Day.
Where to watch Rocket Boys 2?
You can watch Rocket Boys 2 on SonyLIV, a streaming platform that offers a variety of content across genres and languages. Rocket Boys 2 premiered on SonyLIV on March 16, 2023.
To watch Rocket Boys 2 on SonyLIV, you need to subscribe to one of its plans. The plans are:
- Mobile (Yearly) – Rs 599 per year, one device in 720p video resolution
- Premium (Yearly) – Rs 999 per year, five devices in 1080p video resolution
- Premium (Bi-annually) – Rs 699 per six months, five devices in 1080p video resolution
- Premium (Monthly) – Rs 299 per month, five devices in 1080p video resolution
You can use the website or app of SonyLIV for streaming. You can also download the episodes for offline viewing.
However, if you are outside India, you may not be able to access SonyLIV due to geo-restrictions. In that case, you need to use a VPN service that can bypass these blocks and connect you to an Indian server. One such VPN service is ExpressVPN, which offers fast and secure connections.
Also read: Zwigato Box Office Collection and Caught Out Crime Corruption Cricket (2023) Review