Welcome to the world of short riddles! If you’re looking for a quick mental challenge or a way to pass the time, you’ve come to the right place. Short riddles are a fun and engaging way to exercise your brain, and the best part is that they often come with surprising and satisfying answers. In this blog, we’ll be exploring a collection of short riddles with answers that are sure to keep you on your toes. Let’s dive into the wonderful world of short riddles.
Also read: Medium Riddles With Their Answers
Short Riddles With Answers
1. How did the pancake hurt itself? Answer: Doing backflips.
2. How is a person in jail like a sinking ship? Answer: Both want to be bailed out.
3. I am always hungry, I must always be fed. The finger I touch, will soon turn red. What am I? Answer: Fire.
4. I am always in front of you, but can’t be seen. What am I? Answer: The future.
5. I am present in a laptop. I am also a human’s t-shirt. I have the highest mark in class. I am usually described as something above. What am I? Answer: I’m top.
6. I am taken from a mine, and shut up in a wooden case, from which I am never released, and yet I am used by almost every person. What am I? Answer: Pencil lead.
7. I am the symbol of prying and meddling, for I smell fish that is worth a roundabout fish to fry. What am I? Answer: A nose.
8. I am wet when drying. What am I? Answer: A towel.
9. I speak without a mouth and hear without ears. What am I? Answer: An Echo.
10. I’m flat. You use me everyday. You need me to live. But you give me away everyday. I’m coloured and I have a founding father on me. What am I? Answer: A bill.
11. If fish lived on land, where would they live? Answer: In Finland.
12. If there are four sheep, two dogs and one herds-men, how many feet are there? Answer: Two. Sheep have hooves; dogs have paws; only people have feet.
13. If you drop a yellow hat in the Red Sea, what does it become? Answer: Wet, duh!
14. Noelani is outside a shop. She cant read the signs but she knows she needs to go in to make a purchase. What store is she at? Answer: Eye glasses store.
15. Now matter what, I come to you round, Floating up, floating down, A single pop, I’m on the ground, Then comes your unpleasant frown. What am I? Answer: I am a bubble. Bubbles always come out round no matter how you blow it. Bubbles also pop when they touch the ground. Usually bubbles go up and then down. Most of the time you and I will frown when a bubble pops. Therefore, the answer is a bubble.
16. Slippery, wet and greasy, when its in its easy, when it out it jumps about, slippery wet and greasy. What am I? Answer: A Fish.
17. The leaves are on the fruit, The fruits is on the leaves. What is it? Answer: A pineapple.
18. The more you dry yourself with me the more I get wet. What am I? Answer: A towel.
19. The more you take, the more you leave behind. What am I? Answer: Footsteps.
20. The one who has it does not keep it. It is large and small. It is any shape. Answer: A gift.
21. The sharp slim blade, that cuts the wind. What is it? Answer: A blade of grass.
22. There is 10 birds on a branch, a man shot 5 of them. How many were left? Answer: Zero, because when birds see someone coming or hear something they fly away.
23. There was a man who everybody called Batman he knew nothing about bats and thought they were gross. He still loved it when people called him Batman! How could this be? Answer: He was the star baseball player!
24. Tuesday, Bill and Jim went to a restaurant they ordered and ate their food and stuff like that. Then they paid the bill, but neither Bill nor Jim paid the bill. Who did? Answer: Tuesday did because in english to say a day you say “on” before the day!!!
25. What 4-letter word can be written forward, backward or upside down, and can still be read from left to right? Answer: NOON.
Short Riddles and Brain Teasers
26. What animal would you get crossed a duck, a beaver, and an otter? Answer: A platypus.
27. What begins with an E, ends with an E, but only contains one letter? Answer: An envelope.
28. What came out from ONE hole and goes in to TWO holes? Answer: Farts.
29. What can be lost, but not returned? Answer: Life.
30. What chins are never shaved? Answer: Sea Urchins.
31. What color is the wind? Answer: Blew.
32. What didn’t Adam and Eve have that everyone else has? Answer: Parents.
33. What do outlaws eat with their milk? Answer: Crookies.
34. What exists but no-body can enter and is unreachable in life? Answer: Heaven.
35. What goes up but never comes down? Answer: Age.
36. What has an eye but can not see? Answer: A needle.
37. What is at the end of a rainbow? Answer: The letter w.
38. What is full of holes but still holds water? Answer: A sponge.
39. What is it that is full all day and empty at night? Answer: Shoes.
40. What is Medusa’s favorite cheese? Answer: Gorgonzola.
41. What is so fragile that saying its name breaks it? Answer: Silence.
42. What is that which never uses its teeth for eating purposes? Answer: A comb.
43. What is the freedom of birds and the pen of old men? Answer: Feathers. Feathers make up a bird’s wings, giving it flight or its freedom. Quill pens were used by men in older times.
44. What is the noblest musical instrument? Answer: An upright piano.
45. What is the proper length for a lady’s skirt? Answer: A little above two feet.
46. What kind of goose fights with snakes? Answer: A mongoose.
47. What word is always pronounced wrong? Answer: Wrong!
48. When is a bright idea like a clock? Answer: When it strikes one.
49. When is a man like a snake? Answer: When he gets rattled.
50. When is music like vegetables? Answer: When there are two beats (beets) to the measure.
51. Which three letters can frighten a thief away? Answer: I C U.
52. Why is a dirty rug like a bad boy? Answer: Both need beating.
53. Why is the moon like a dollar? Answer: Because it has four quarters.
54. Why were the tennis players arrested? Answer: Because they had racquets.
55. You answer me, although I never ask you questions. What am I? Answer: A telephone.
Photo by ALAN DE LA CRUZ on Unsplash