Are you ready to challenge your mind and have some fun? Well, get ready to put your meteorological knowledge to the test with these weather riddles with answers! From thunderstorms to snowstorms, these riddles will have you scratching your head and laughing out loud. Whether you’re a weather enthusiast or just looking for a good brain teaser, these riddles are sure to entertain and educate. So grab a cup of cocoa, snuggle up by the fire, and let’s get started on this weather adventure!
Also read: Water Riddles With Answers
Weather Riddles With Answers
1. During the rainy season, 10 fat girls have a small umbrella for all of them. Why? Answer: It’s not raining, it’s just a rainy season.
2. I am something that goes up although I am not a kite. I am held over your head to help block rain or sunlight. Answer: Umbrella
3. I am very dangerous. I am a storm that extends from a cloud. I have very strong winds. People go into ditches or in halls when I come around. What am I? Answer: Tornado
4. I can make the weather change in an instant. You might also guess who some of my team are from the other riddles. Who am I? Answer: Storm
5. I happen after a flash but I’m not a photograph. You hear me in a bad storm I am lightning’s other half. Answer: Thunder.
6. I occur after a flash of lightning. You can tell how far away I am by counting the seconds after the flash occurs. I am loud. What I am? Answer: Thunder!
7. If there’s one of these nearby make sure you don’t just stop and stare. Get in a shelter and hide from this twisting column of air. Answer: Tornado
8. In addition to the sun, this is what enables plants to grow. It is a four-letter word and it comes before forest and bow. Answer: Rain
9. It is sunny. It is hot. It is windy. It is cold. It’s warm today. Yes, what a lovely day! It’s cold today. Yes, what a terrible day! Answer: Answer
10. This is something you see. When outside there’s a storm, it comes down from the clouds and appears in droplet form. Answer: Rain.
11. This isn’t a difficult riddle, it won’t leave you in a muddle. The answer is what falls from a cloud and then leaves behind a puddle. Answer: Rain
12. We hear it with our own ears, without seeing it with our own eyes. What is it? Answer: The wind.
13. What are all of these things being described: cumulus looks soft and fluffy in form, the stratus has layers and cirrus is thin, cumulonimbus is seen in a storm. Answer: Cloud
14. What comes down but never goes up? Answer: Rain
15. What do you call it when it rains chickens and ducks? Answer: Foul weather.
16. What goes up when the rain comes down? Answer: Umbrella.
17. What is at the end of a rainbow? Answer: The letter W.
18. What is the coldest country in the world? Answer: Chili!
19. What is the weather called when it is raining in turkey? Answer: Fowl weather.
20. What type of lightning likes to play sports? Answer: Ball lightning!
21. What’s a tornado’s favorite game? Answer: Twister!
22. When is frosty weather like poesy? Answer: When there is rime on the hedges.
23. Why did the woman go outdoors with her purse open? Answer: Because she expected some change in the weather!
24. Why is it cold on Christmas? Answer: Because it’s in Decembrrrr!
25. Why was the soccer field wet on a sunny day? Answer: The players dribbled all over it.
26. You can hear me rumble after a flash of lightning. I am named after Thor who’s the Norse god of this thing. Answer: Thunder
27. What kind of bow can’t be tied? Answer: A rainbow
28. What falls in winter but never gets hurt? Answer: Snow
29. What has a heart that doesn’t beat? Answer: An artichoke
30. I am not alive, but I grow; I don’t have lungs, but I need air; I don’t have a mouth, but water kills me. What am I? Answer: Fire
31. What can you catch but never throw? Answer: A cold
Photo by Tahir Shaw