Greetings, fellow riddle enthusiasts! Today, I invite you to join me on a journey of wit, creativity, and cleverness. What better way to challenge our minds and entertain ourselves than with “What Am I” riddles? These riddles are sure to put your thinking skills to the test as you try to figure out the hidden object, animal, or thing that is being described. But don’t worry, I’ve got you covered with the answers too! So, grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit back, and let’s dive into the world of “What Am I” riddles with answers together.
Also read: Egg Riddles With Answers
What Am I Riddles With Answers
1. A small pool surrounded by two layers of walls. One white and soft and the other dark and hard, amidst a lawn of light gray grass with an outline of green grass. what am I? Answer: A coconut.
2. A tiny house full of meat, no doors to go in and eat. what am I? Answer: A walnut.
3. A woman living in New York who is legally married to three men has not been divorced, enrolled, or legally separated. How is this possible? Answer: She is a minister.
4. Black I am and much admired, men look for me until they get tired. When they find me, they break my head and take my rest-bed from me. what am I? Answer: Coal
5. Different lights make me weird, thus I will change to different sizes. what am I? Answer: I am the pupil of an eye.
6. First I dry up, then I get wet; The longer I swim, the more flavor you get. what am I? Answer: Tea.
7. Four fingers and one thumb, yet flesh and blood, I have none. what am I? Answer: A glove.
8. I act like a cat, I look like a cat, yet I am not a cat. what am I? Answer: Kitten.
9. I always follow you, wherever you go at night. I see people very bright, but I can darken the sun. I can be in many different forms and shapes. what am I? Answer: Moon!
10. I always have one eye open. what am I? Answer: A needle
11. I am a passageway situated between high natural mass. Remove the first letter of mine and you have a path located among man-made masses. what am I? Answer: A valley.
12. I am a very beautiful thing, which flutters in the pale-blue sky. Delicate, fragile on the wing, indeed I am a beautiful thing. what am I? Answer: I am a butterfly.
13. I am essential to life, yet I can hold your breath. I am both in you and around you. what am I? Answer: Water.
14. I am four letters long, I can be seen in the sky, I am the ocean and I am the ocean. can you guess me? Answer: The color blue.
15. I am free yet priceless, you can’t own me but you can use me, you can’t keep me but you can spend me. Once you have lost me you can never get me back. what am I? Answer: Time.
16. I am not alive, but I grow; I don’t have lungs, but I want air; I don’t have a mouth, but water kills me. what am I? Answer: Fire
17. I am served at a table, in a gathering of two or four; Serve small, white, and round. You’ll love some, and that’s part of the fun. what am I? Answer: Ping Pong Balls.
18. I am something that people either love or hate. I change people’s looks and thoughts. If someone takes care of them himself, I will go even higher. To some people, I would fool them. To others, I am a mystery. Some people may try to hide me but I will show. No matter how hard people try, I will never go down. what am I? Answer: Age.
19. I am the beginning of suffering and the end of the disease. You cannot express happiness without me, yet I am in the midst of the cross. I am always at risk, yet never in danger. You can find me in the sun, but I’m never out of the dark. what am I? Answer: The Letter S.
20. I am the ruler of shovels, I have a double. I am as thin as a knife, I have a wife. what am I? Answer: King of Spades (from a deck of cards).
21. I am the stain of your memories, many times you question me. what am I? Answer: I am your past.
22. I am two-faced but only one, I don’t have legs but travel widely. Men shed a lot of blood on me, kings leave a mark on me. I have the greatest power when given, yet the lust for me shuts me down. what am I? Answer: A coin.
23. I am useless when together but useful when I am apart. what am I? Answer: I am an egg.
24. I can be broken, I can be made. I can be told, I can be played. what am I? Answer: A joke!
25. I can come in a can, I can come as punch, I can come as a win, you can eat me for lunch. what am I? Answer: Beet / Beet
26. I can fill a room or just a heart. Others can be with me, but I cannot be shared. what am I? Answer: Loneliness.
27. I fit in with other people, but I can not talk. I create pictures, but I can not see. What am I? Answer: A puzzle piece.
28. I fly when I am born, lie when I’m alive, and run when I am dead. What am I? Answer: A snowflake.
29. I get wet when dry. what am I? Answer: A towel.
30. I have a big mouth and I am also quite loud! I am NOT a gossip but I do get involved with everyone’s dirty business. What am I? Answer: A Vacuum Cleaner.
31. I have a little house in which I live all alone. It has no doors or windows, and if I want to go out I must break through the wall. What am I? Answer: A chick in an egg.
32. I have a thousand needles but I do not sew. What am I? Answer: A Porcupine.
33. I have been taken from a mine and locked in a wooden case, from which I have never been freed, and yet almost everyone uses mine. what am I? Answer: Pencil lead.
34. I have four legs but never walk I may be covered in flowers but have no soil I hold food three times a day but never eat a meal. What am I? Answer: A table.
35. I have four wings, but cannot fly, I never laugh and never cry; On the same spot I’m always found, toiling away with little sound. What am I? Answer: A Windmill.
36. I have no feet, no hands, no wings, but I climb to the sky. What am I? Answer: Smoke.
37. I have no voice and yet I speak to you, I tell of all things in the world that people do. I have leaves, but I am not a tree, I have pages, but I am not a bride or royalty. I have a spine and hinges, but I am not a man or a door, I have told you all, I cannot tell you more. What am I? Answer: A Book.
38. I have two hands, but I can not scratch myself. What am I? Answer: A clock.
39. I look at you, you look at me, I raise my right, you raise your left. What am I? Answer: Your reflection in a mirror.
40. I look flat, but I am deep, Hidden realms I shelter. Lives I take, but food I offer. At times I am beautiful. I can be calm, angry and turbulent. I have no heart, but offer pleasure as well as death. No man can own me, yet I encompass what all men must have. What am I? Answer: An ocean.
41. I make two people out of one. What am I? Answer: A mirror.
42. I may be simple, I may be complex; I may have a name, but no gender or sex; I am often a question, or statements as a setup; I tend to have an answer, ’til you find it I won’t let up. What am I? Answer: A riddle.
43. I never was, am always to be, No one ever saw me, nor ever will, And yet I am the confidence of all to live and breathe on this terrestrial ball. What am I? Answer: Tomorrow.
44. I pass before the sun, yet make no shadow. What am I? Answer: The wind.
45. I reach for the sky, but clutch to the ground; sometimes I leave, but I am always around. What am I? Answer: I am Tree.
46. I run all around the pasture but never move. What am I? Answer: A fence.
47. I run in and out of town all day and night. What am I? Answer: A road.
48. I speak without a mouth and hear without ears. I have no-body, but I come alive with the wind. What am I? Answer: An echo!
49. I was carried into a dark room, and set on fire. I wept, and then my head was cut off. What am I? Answer: A Candle.
50. I’m a perching barrel, full of meat, taking hits from jumps and dives. Look inside, but don’t eat, the flesh there is still alive! what am I? Answer: A thimble on one finger.
51. I’m a word that’s hardly there. Take away my start, and I’m an herbal flair. What am I? Answer: Sparsely (No S = Parsley).
52. I’m as small as an ant, as big as a whale. I’ll approach like a breeze but can come like a gale. By some, I get hit, but all have shown fear. I’ll dance to the music, though I can’t hear. Of names, I have many, of names I have one. I’m as slow as a snail, but from me, you can’t run. What am I? Answer: I am a shadow.
53. I’m found in socks, scarves and mittens. I’m found in the paws of playful kittens. What am I? Answer: Yarn.
54. I’m like a doll, But I’m not for playing; I stand up straight, but if windy I may be laying; I’m well-known and famous for having no brain; I work outside both day and night in sunshine or in rain. What am I? Answer: A Scarecrow.
55. I’m one of five, I’m not alive. The one who sent me forth became king, The one who received me died. What am I? Answer: A Stone from the popular Biblical story, David had five stones. He used one of the stones to kill Goliath.
56. I’m strong enough to break ships, but I’m afraid of the sun. what am I? Answer: Ice.
57. I’m tall when I’m young and I’m short when I’m old. What am I? Answer: Candle or Pencil.
58. I’m the part of the bird that’s not in the sky. I can swim in the ocean and yet remain dry. What am I? Answer: A shadow.
59. I’m white, and used for cutting and grinding. When I’m damaged, humans usually remove me or fill me. For most animals I am a useful tool. What am I? Answer: A tooth!
60. If you drop me, I’m sure to crack. Give me a smile, and I’ll always smile back. What am I? Answer: A mirror.
61. Lighter than what I am made of, More of me is hidden Than is seen. What am I? Answer: An iceberg.
62. Look in my face, I am somebody; Look in my back, I am nobody. What am I? Answer: I am a mirror.
63. Many-manned scud-thumper, Maker of worn wood, Shrub-ruster, Sky-mocker, Rave! Portly pusher, Wind-slave. What am I? Answer: The ocean!
64. My first is a creature whose breeding is unclear. My second, a price you must pay. My whole can be found in the river of Time and refers to events of today. What am I? Answer: Current.
65. My first is high, My second damp, My whole a tie, A writer’s cramp. What am I? Answer: Hyphen. The first two lines yield high-fen. A hyphen is used by a writer to tie (or cramp) two words together.
66. My life can be measured in hours, I serve by being devoured. Thin, I am quick. Fat, I am slow. Wind is my foe. What am I? Answer: I am a candle.
67. No matter how little or how much you use me, you change me every month. What am I? Answer: A Calendar.
68. Not born, but from a Mother’s body drawn, I hang until half of me is gone. I sleep in a cave until I grow old, then valued for my hardened gold. What am I? Answer: Cheese.
69. Pronounced as one letter, And written with three, Two letters there are, And two only in me. I’m double, I’m single, I’m black, blue, and gray, I’m read from both ends, And the same either way. What am I? Answer: An eye.
70. Some will use me, while others will not, some have remembered, while others have forgot. For profit or gain, I’m used expertly, I can’t be picked off the ground or tossed into the sea. Only gained from patience and time, can you unravel my rhyme? What am I? Answer: I’m Knowledge.
71. Spelled forwards I’m what you do everyday, Spelled backwards I’m something you hate. What am I? Answer: Live
72. The land was white the seed was black It’ll take a good scholar to riddle me that. What am I? Answer: An eye or an eyeball
73. The more of these you take, the more appear behind you. What am I? Answer: Steps.
74. The things I bite, they don’t bleed, I don’t bite until you push me; I bring my victims together each time I bite, But they’ll come undone if you pull it just right. What am I? Answer: A Stapler.
75. There was a green house. Inside the green house there was a white house Inside the white house there was a red house. Inside the red house there were lots of babies. What am I? Answer: This is a watermelon.
76. They fill me up and you empty me, almost everyday; if you raise my arm, I work the opposite way. What am I? Answer: A mailbox.
77. Thin body, small eyes, whatever happens, I never cry. what am I? Answer: A needle.
78. This is as light as a feather, yet no man can hold it for long. What am I? Answer: Your Breath.
79. Until I am measured, I am not known. Yet how you miss me, when I have flown. What am I? Answer: I am Time.
80. What can be heard and caught but never seen? Answer: A Remark.
81. When I am dirty I am white and when I am clean I am black. what am I? Answer: A blackboard.
82. When I point up it’s bright, but when I point down it’s dark. What am I? Answer: A Light Switch.
83. When I’m used, I’m useless, once offered, soon rejected. In desperation oft expressed, the intended not protected. What am I? Answer: A poor alibi or excuse.
84. With pointed fangs it sits in wait, With piercing force its doles out fate, Over bloodless victims proclaiming its might, Eternally joining in a single bite. What am I? Answer: I’m a Stapler.
85. You answer me, although I never ask you questions. What am I? Answer: A telephone.
86. You buy me taken apart, To redo what has been undone; Four of my pieces have one sharp corner, The rest of them have none. What am I? Answer: A jigsaw puzzle.
87. You can drop me from the tallest building and I will be well, but if u drop me in water I die. What am I? Answer: Paper.
88. You can touch me, You can break me, You should win me if you want to be mine. What am I? Answer: A heart.
89. You can’t see me, but I can see you; To be more specific, I see through. What am I? Answer: An X-Ray.
90. You go at red, but stop at green. What am I? Answer: Watermelon! You eat the red part, and you stop eating at the green part.
91. You use a knife to slice my head and weep beside me when I am dead. What am I? Answer: An onion.
92. I am a path between high natural masses, remove the first letter of my name and I become a form of energy. What am I? Answer: Mountain (remove the “M” to get “ountain” which sounds like “a-tin,” a type of energy)
93. I am a word of letters three, add two and fewer there will be. What am I? Answer: Few
94. I am always in front of you but can’t be seen. What am I? Answer: The future
95. I am light as a feather, yet the strongest man cannot hold me for much more than a minute. What am I? Answer: Breath
96. I am not alive, but I can die if I’m not kept clean. What am I? Answer: Computer
97. I am not alive, but I grow; I don’t have lungs, but I need air; I don’t have a mouth, but I need water to live. What am I? Answer: Fire
98. I am round, yet flat. I am light as a feather, yet the strongest person cannot hold me for long. What am I? Answer: A bubble
99. I am taken from a mine, and shut up in a wooden case, from which I am never released, and yet I am used by almost every person. What am I? Answer: Pencil lead/graphite
100. I can be cracked, made, told, and played. What am I? Answer: A joke
101. I have cities, but no houses. I have mountains, but no trees. I have water, but no fish. What am I? Answer: A map
Image from Wallpaperscave