Are you ready to exercise your gray matter and tackle some mind-bending puzzles related to the workplace? If so, you’ve come to the right place. In this blog, we’ll be exploring the intriguing world of work riddles with answers that will challenge your thinking and test your problem-solving skills. Whether you’re an employee looking to impress your colleagues with your intelligence or a boss seeking to entertain and engage your team.
Also read: Yellow Riddles With Answers
Putting Your Mind to Work: Work Riddles With Answers
1. A man and his boss have the same parents but are not siblings. How is this possible? Answer: He is self-employed. He is his own boss.
2. An electric train is headed east. Where does the smoke go? Answer: Electric trains don’t produce any smoke!
3. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the tallest mountain in the world? Answer: Everest. It just wasn’t discovered yet.
4. Contrary to my name, I am not a queen. Hold me up to things though and their length is seen. Answer: Ruler
5. How can a girl go 25 days without sleep? Answer: She sleeps at night.
6. How can you make six into an odd number? Answer: Remove the letter S and you have IX which is 9 in roman numerals.
7. How many bananas can you eat if your stomach is empty? Answer: Just one after that it’s not empty anymore.
8. I am a three-digit number. My tens digit is five more than my one digit. My hundreds digit is eight less than my tens digit. What number am I? Answer: 194
9. I am always hungry, I must always be fed. The finger I touch will soon turn red. What am I? Answer: Fire
10. I am higher without a head. What am I? Answer: A pillow
11. I am not alive, but I grow; I don’t have lungs, but I need air; I don’t have a mouth, but water kills me. What am I? Answer: A sponge
12. I am taken from a mine, and shut up in a wooden case, from which I am never released, and yet I am used by almost every person. What am I? Answer: A pencil lead
13. I have branches yet I have no leaves, no trunk, and no fruit. What am I? Answer: A bank.
14. I never was but always will be. No one ever saw me but everyone knows I exist. I give people the motivation to better themselves every day. What am I? Answer: Tomorrow
15. I’m light as a feather, but not even the strongest girl can hold me for more than 5 minutes. What am I? Answer: Breath.
Work Riddles to Challenge Your Colleagues
16. My twin lives at the reverse of my house number. The difference between our house numbers ends in two. What are the lowest possible numbers for our house numbers? Answer: The lowest possible numbers for the houses are 19 and 91. The difference is 72.
17. Paul’s height is six feet, he’s an assistant at a butcher’s shop, and wears size 9 shoes. What does he weigh? Answer: Meat.
18. The more you take, the more you leave behind. What am I? Answer: Footsteps
19. There are two monkeys on a tree and one jumps off. Why does the other monkey jump too? Answer: Monkey see monkey do
20. What belongs to you but other people use it more than you? Answer: Your name.
21. What breaks and never falls, and what falls and never breaks? Answer: Day breaks and night falls
22. What came first, the chicken or the egg? Answer: Dinosaurs laid eggs much before the evolution of chicken.
23. What can travel around the world while staying in a corner? Answer: Stamp
24. What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years? Answer: The letter “M”
25. What did the triangle say to the circle? Answer: You’re pointless
26. What do you tell yourself when you wake up late for work and realize you have a fever? Answer: Self I so late
27. What does nobody want, yet nobody wants to lose? Answer: Work
28. What goes up and never comes down? Answer: Your age
29. What happened to the beans when they showed up late to work? Answer: They got canned
30. What has a face and two hands but no arms or legs? Answer: A clock
31. What has a heart that doesn’t beat? Answer: An artichoke
Work Riddles to Impress Your Employees
32. What has a neck but no head, and wears a cap but has no hair? Answer: A bottle
33. What is so fragile that saying its name breaks it? Answer: Silence
34. What is the smallest number that increases by 12 when it is flipped and turned upside down? Answer: 86. When it is turned upside down and flipped, it becomes 98, which is 12 more than 86.
35. What kind of coat is always wet when you put it on? Answer: A coat of paint
36. What runs, but never walks. Murmurs, but never talks. Has a bed, but never sleeps. And has a mouth, but never eats? Answer: A river.
37. What starts with an “e,” ends with an “e,” but only contains one letter? Answer: An envelope
38. What tastes better than it smells? Answer: A tongue
39. Why did the angel lose her job? Answer: She had harp failure.
40. Why did the blonde get fired from the m&m factory? Answer: She was throwing away all the W’s…
41. Why did the invisible man turn down a job offer? Answer: He just couldn’t see himself doing it.
42. Why did the monkey almost get fired? Answer: It took him a while to get into the swing of things
43. Why did the spider get a job in I.T.? Answer: He was a great web designer.
44. Why is it so easy for an elephant to get a job? Answer: Because it work will peanuts
45. You answer me, although I never ask you questions. What am I? Answer: Telephone
46. You know 2 + 2 comes to the same as 2 x 2. Now find a set of three different whole numbers whose sum is equal to their total when multiplied. Answer: The three different whole numbers whose sum is equal to their total when multiplied are 1, 2, and 3.
Also read: Zebra Riddles
Photo by Icons8 Team on Unsplash