Welcome to my blog where we’ll explore the topic of “Bible Verses About Strength.” Life can be challenging at times, and we all need strength to overcome obstacles and face difficult situations. Fortunately, the Bible offers us a wealth of wisdom and encouragement on this topic. Whether you’re feeling weak and powerless, or you’re simply looking for a source of inspiration to uplift your spirits, this blog will provide you with some powerful Bible verses about the strength that will help you find the courage and resilience you need to persevere.
Also read: Bible Verses about Courage
Bible Verses About Strength
1. The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. – Exodus 15:2
In this verse, the Israelites are praising God for delivering them from their enemies, recognizing that He is their strength and salvation. It reminds us that God is our source of strength and deliverance in times of trouble.
2. But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. – Isaiah 40:31
This verse encourages patience and trust in God. It assures that those who wait on the Lord will find renewed strength and the ability to overcome obstacles.
3. I can do all things through him who strengthens me. – Philippians 4:13
This verse, often quoted, reminds believers that through their relationship with Christ, they can find the strength to face any challenge or circumstance in life.
4. The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song, I give thanks to him. – Psalm 28:7
Here, the psalmist expresses trust in God as a source of strength and protection. Even in difficult times, we can find strength in God’s presence.
5. Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. – Isaiah 41:10
This verse offers comfort and reassurance, emphasizing that God is with us and will provide the strength and support needed to face life’s challenges.
6. The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? – Psalm 27:1
It declares that the Lord is our source of courage and strength, so we need not fear anything in life when we have faith in Him.
7. Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord! – Psalm 31:24
This verse encourages believers to be strong and take courage while waiting for the Lord, emphasizing the importance of faith and patience.
8. Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. – Ephesians 6:10
In the context of spiritual warfare, this verse reminds Christians to draw strength from the Lord and His might to stand firm against spiritual opposition.
9. The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe. – Proverbs 18:10
It likens the name of the Lord to a strong tower, signifying that seeking refuge in God provides safety and strength.
10. The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him. – Nahum 1:7
This verse portrays God as a source of goodness and strength, assuring His protection for those who seek refuge in Him.
11. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might, he increases strength. – Isaiah 40:29
It emphasizes that God provides strength to the weak and power to those who lack might, underscoring our dependence on Him.
12. For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. – 2 Timothy 1:7
This verse speaks of the spirit God has given us, which is marked by power, love, and self-control, rather than fear. It encourages believers to rely on these qualities to face challenges.
13. I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world, you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world. – John 16:33
Jesus speaks of the difficulties and tribulations we may encounter in the world but reassures believers that they can find strength and peace in Him, as He has overcome the world.
14. The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing. – Zephaniah 3:17
This verse beautifully depicts God’s love and joy for His people. It assures us that His presence provides comfort and strength, even in times of trouble.
15. I will go in the strength of the Lord God; I will make mention of your righteousness, of yours only. – Psalm 71:16
The psalmist expresses his intent to go forward in life with the strength that comes from God, recognizing His righteousness and sovereignty.
- Bible Verses to Be Thankful
- Bible Verses about Courage
- Bible Verses about Birth
- Bible Verses about Faith