The Best FIFA Football Awards is an annual event that recognizes the world’s best football players, coaches, and teams. The 2022 edition of the ceremony has just concluded, and the winners have been crowned. Get here The Best FIFA Football Awards 2022 winners list.
The Best FIFA Football Awards 2022
On Monday, February 27th, there was an award ceremony called “The Best FIFA Football Awards 2022” in Paris. They announced the best football players of the year, which were Alexia Putellas and Lionel Messi. They also recognized other players like coaches and goalkeepers who did really well in the past year. They looked at both men and women’s football.
Lionel Messi from Argentina won the Best FIFA men’s player prize in 2022. He beat his competitor Kylian Mbappe, who is 11 years younger than him and was also nominated for the first time. In the FIFA Awards vote, Messi had more points than Mbappe and another player named Benzema. Messi has won this award once before. He scored two goals in the final match against France and helped Argentina win the championship. Messi’s coach, Lionel Scaloni, was also voted as the best men’s coach, while Sarina Wiegman won the women’s coach award. Mbappe scored more goals than Messi during the tournament, but Messi won the Golden Ball award for being the best player overall.
The Best FIFA Football Awards 2022 Winners
The winners of The Best FIFA Football Awards 2022:
- The Best FIFA Women’s Player: Alexia Putellas (Spain/FC Barcelona Femení)
- The Best FIFA Men’s Player: Lionel Messi (Argentina/Paris Saint-Germain FC)
- The Best FIFA Women’s Goalkeeper: Mary Earps (England/Manchester United WFC)
- The Best FIFA Men’s Goalkeeper: Emiliano Martínez (Argentina/Aston Villa FC)
- The Best FIFA Women’s Coach: Sarina Wiegman (England Women’s National Team)
- The Best FIFA Men’s Coach: Lionel Scaloni (Argentina Men’s National Team)
- The FIFA Puskás Award: Marcin Oleksy (Poland/Warta Poznań)
- The FIFA Fair Play Award: Luka Lochoshvili (Georgia/Wolfsberger AC/U.S. Cremonese)
- The FIFA Fan Award: Argentinian Fans
Lionel Messi won an award for being the best male football player after Argentina won the World Cup. Alexia Putellas won an award for being the best female football player for the second year in a row. Mary Earps won an award for being the best female goalkeeper and Emiliano Martinez won an award for being the best male goalkeeper. Sarina Wiegman won an award for being the best female coach and Lionel Scaloni won an award for being the best male coach. Marcin Oleksy won an award for scoring the best goal and Luka Lochoshvili won an award for being fair on the field. Fans from Argentina were also recognized for supporting their team during the World Cup. The winners were chosen through a vote from football fans, media, and national team coaches and captains.
Also read: List of Winners of the Nobel Prize for Physics